Federal Government Scholarship Board: Do you desire information about the federal government scholarship board’s online application form, awards, deadline updates, official website, email address, and study abroad prerequisites for the upcoming batch?
Are you a Nigerian student aspiring to secure an FSBN scholarship for your educational pursuits?
If your answer is YES, then this article provides the essential information you need to read today.
Federal Government Scholarship Board
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) operates as a department within the Federal Ministry of Education, under the leadership of a director who serves as the Board’s Secretary.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) fulfills its mandate through various key responsibilities, including:
- Developing periodic primary plans aimed at the effective allocation of foreign and local scholarships and fellowship awards to deserving Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Executing Federal Government policies and initiatives related to scholarship awards, both at home and abroad, in support of deserving Nigerian scholars.
- Managing the Federal Government’s commitments under Bilateral Education Agreements (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) Agreements pertaining to scholarship and fellowship awards for Nigeria.
- Administering the Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and the NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship programs.
- Gathering, organizing, analyzing, publishing, and disseminating data and information concerning student affairs, as well as Scholarship and Fellowship awards within the context of Nigeria.
- Overseeing and monitoring the activities of Federal Government Scholars enrolled in tertiary institutions, both within the country and overseas.
- Offering guidance and facilitating the coordination of States’ Scholarship Policies and Programs through the Annual Coordinating Committee Meetings involving Secretaries from Federal and State Scholarship Boards.
In line with the commitment of the President to reform the education sector, the Minister of Education invites applications from eligible students pursuing education in Nigerian Colleges of Education and Universities to participate in the Bursary Awards program.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring that deserving Nigerian scholars receive both foreign and local scholarships. These scholarships are available for undergraduates within Nigeria and postgraduates studying abroad.
Additionally, FSB plays a key role in fulfilling the Federal Government’s commitments under the Multilateral Education Agreement and the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).
The online registration portal for the FSBN scholarship will be open from February 6, 2023, to March 20, 2023. During the application process, please select a Computer-Based Test Centre (CBT) in close proximity to your location.
This federal government scholarship program is entirely cost-free and applicable within Nigeria, commencing from the start of the academic session.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship by the Federal Ministry of Education, you will receive notification via email or text message.
Successful applicants who are shortlisted will receive an annual payment of ₦250,000 until the completion of their education.
Academic Disciplines Eligible for the FSBN Scholarship
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Science and Technology
Benefits of Applying for the FSB Scholarship:
- Financial Assistance for Tuition Fees
- Enhancement of Your Resume
- Access to Professional Mentorship and Guidance from Esteemed Professors and Industry Leaders in Your Chosen Field
Requirements for Federal Government Scholarships
The eligibility requirements for the Federal Government scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be enrolled in Education programs at Nigerian Colleges of Education and Universities.
- All applicants must be full-time students.
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) of 4.0 on a five (5) point scale or its equivalent, or 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a 4.0 scale.
- All applicants, including physically challenged individuals, must be in their first year of study or beyond.
- Previous beneficiaries of any scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Application Procedure for the Federal Government Scholarship
To apply for the Federal Government scholarship in Nigeria, kindly follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Federal Ministry of Education.
- Click on the Federal Scholarship Board icon found on the Home Page.
- Carefully review the provided guidelines.
- Complete the online application form as instructed.
- After completion, submit your application and remember to print a copy for your records.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are strongly encouraged to submit a single application, as submitting multiple entries will result in disqualification.
To ensure the completeness of your application, please attach photocopies of your admission letter and your current school identity card.
After submitting your application, it’s essential to exercise patience while awaiting the shortlisting process.
During the application process, candidates are required to select a Computer-Based Test Centre that is conveniently located near their place of residence.
Contact Details for the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB):
Email: [email protected]
Shortlisted Candidates for Federal Scholarships
Important Points to Note:
- The bursary scholarship is exclusively available to students pursuing education-related programs. Corp members seeking support for master’s degrees are not eligible.
- Applicants must have successfully completed their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program to qualify for the scholarship.
- If you meet the scholarship requirements, we encourage you to submit your application promptly.
- Following your application, shortlisted candidates will proceed to take an exam.
- Subsequently, another round of shortlisting will occur for those who pass the exam.
- The verification process will follow, and scholarship funds will be disbursed to your account.
- The scholarship is renewable as long as you maintain good academic standing throughout your schooling.
To stay informed and receive the latest updates, visit this website regularly. We also recommend bookmarking or saving this page and refreshing it periodically to ensure you stay updated with any changes or announcements.
We extend our best wishes to you as you embark on your scholarship application journey.